Subject: Re: [Leica] Completely off topic.. but funny!
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 15:44:11 -0600

Nice way to end the day and week!  Thanks Ted!

I will be gone 4 of the 5 days next week, going to Wash DC so don't you
guys and gals get into any interesting arguments while I'm gone.  Yeah
Right, What have I been smoking! ;-))

Gene

                      Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
                      Sent by:                            To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        cc:
                      -alto.ca.us                         Subject:  [Leica] Completely off topic.. but funny!

                      12/05/2003 03:10 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Hi folks,
Given some days a tad bit of humour can help us through it. And given this
is Friday, well here anyway, ;-) I thought some of you folks might enjoy
this even if you've seen it before.

Particularly those who drive Mercedes. ;-)
ted

> > There was a senior citizen who bought a brand new  Mercedes convertible
> > SLK.
> > He took off down the road,  flooring it up to 80 mph and enjoying the
wind
> > blown through  what little hair he had left on his head.
> > This is great," he  thought and floored it some more. Then he looked in
> > his rearview mirror. There was a highway patrol Trooper behind him,
blue
> > lights flashing and siren blaring. "I can get away from  him with no
problem,"
> > thought the man as he floored it some  more and flew down the road at
over 100
> > mph. Then he  thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this kind  of
thing,"
> > and pulled over to the side of the road and  waited for the state
trooper to
> > catch up with him.
> > The trooper  pulled behind the Mercedes and walked up to the man.
"Sir,"