Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux not same as Lumix apparently (was Re: TheLEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:30:22 -0800

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> Actually, there's an easy way to 'save it back into that format,' and
> that's to do all your work on a copy of the original. That way you can
> convert it nine million times, if that's how you get your jollies.;-)
>
> But btw, Photoshop CS's converter allows you to change the white
> balance, adjust the exposure, etc. etc. etc. Everyone I've spoken with
> thinks the Photoshop raw conversion software beats the proverbial pants
> off anything provided by the camera manufactuers. Whether it beats
> third-party 'work flow' conversion software is another question.
> And, yes, Adam, I'd sure say you're right. The whole point of converting
> the raw files is to...convert them..;-)

To me "converting" seems to be taking the film out of the camera.
But as the chip comes out of the digital camera so does the cassette.

So "converting" is taking the film out of the cassette instead!
Then there's nothing else you can do with it.

NO make that "stop bath."

Once it hits the stop bath its all over. No more trips to the water bath
or whatever.

I don't even know becasue if you stop bathed your film but then stuck it
in water again and got all the acid out could you not develop it some more?
So it's still a NEF file untill you hypo it.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

No Archive