Subject: Re: [Leica] IR Infrared Filter
From: robertmeier@usjet.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 18:15:41 -0600

Does anyone know if Leica ever made an infrared filter like the one Rollei
made?   The Rollei filter is distinguished for two things:  it is all but
opague, only passing the infrared wavelengths, and it is slightly ground to
compensate for the different focus point needed for infrared light, so no
compensation is needed on the focus setting.   Since with a Rollei, like a
Leica, you don't view through the taking lens (and the filter), the opague
filter works all right.  I would love to use such a filter on my Summircon
50, and I might have to tape my Rollei Bayonet II filter on to it (the
diameters are just about identical).

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] IR Infrared Filter)
Reply from John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] IR Infrared Filter)
Reply from "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] IR Infrared Filter)