Subject: Re: [Leica] f2 35mm with eyes question
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:41:19 -0600

>No, it will only focus accurately at infinity if the eyes are
>removed. The goggled len's cam is different from a non-goggled len's
>cam. You can use it on any M camera as it is. The googles adjust the
>field of view of the 50 framelines to show the 35mm field of view.
>This gives very good eye relief and closely matches the frame size
>of the 35mm framelines in an 0.58x camera.

John-

Central Camera in Chicago had a very nice one in like new condition
in the box. I played around with it on my M7 for a while, but passed
on it. It seemed to make my M7's brilliant finder a little less than
brilliant - almost as if I was peering through a cheap rangefinder.
Is this normal? Maybe the goggles needed a good cleaning.

Karen

p.s. You're not related to the famous visual anthropologist, John
Collier are you?

- --
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] f2 35mm with eyes question)