Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W Processing Procedure with a Jobo
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:34:06 -0800

Press Maxx is completely one shot. Do no reuse it.

The stop and fix can be reused within reason. But they are so cheap
that I just mix the stop from the flowing wash water that is up to
temp. And I keep the fix tempered in it too but it will do several runs
before you need to replace it. In fact, it's good for the environment
for you to do so. There is a small chemical you can buy that you drop a
few drops into fix, and it it creates a cloud, then you know the fix
needs to be replaced. It's been so long since I've processed black and
white I forget what that chemical is.

Heico Permawash? I think it's instructions will tell you how much it
can be used. But it too is so cheap I don't think it's worth taking a
chance. The bottle will last a very long time anyway. Make it one-shot
and mix it from the flowing wash water. I used to put half a capful if,
I remember correctly, in an 8-rell stainless tank, and then dip the
film in it.

On Dec 14, 2003, at 2:49 AM, Richard F. Man wrote:

> My main question is this: with the color E-6, you reuse the chemicals
> (up to 3 times). Does one do the same for the B&W Chemical or just
> throw them out (or put them away for hazardous waste disposal)? I'm
> pretty sure the developer goes, but how about the Stop Bath, Fixer,
> and PhotoFlo drying agent? I am also using Heico Perma Wash, does that
> get reused ?

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day. - Will Rogers.