Subject: [Leica] Re: I before E ... :) Not so "wierd"
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:10:26 -0600

Daniel:

>Rats ... I keep mumbling, like a mantra ... "i before e except after c"
>... but my fingers just will not listen. Same with "you're" and "your". :)

That's ok.  I remember weird because of school...  In 6th grade, I wrote a
paper in which I used the word "wierd."  My dad pointed out to me that it
was misspelled.  Weird is weird that way.  My 6th grade *English* teacher,
circled "weird" and wrote "i before e" in the margin.  :)

If English teachers in the US can't get it right...  I'm just glad I never
had to learn English as a second language.  I have the utmost respect for
foreigners who can speak and/or write English well.  The only other
languages I know are French and pig latin...

Eric

Message from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] I before E ... :) Not so "wierd")