Subject: [Leica] Epson 2200 Black & White Tip
From: eric@jphotog.com
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 21:29:58 -0600 (CST)

I got this from a friend on an email list I've been on for about 10 years.
It might help somefolks looking for b&w help with the 2200.

Eric - My son in law uses the 2200 extensively and makes a lot of
monochromatic prints on that unit tells me the trick is to do the following:

use the premium  Epson photo matt paper

replace standard black ink cartridge with the photo matt black ink cartridge

set the unit to print in black and white only and not to use any colors
whatsoever.

Rob claims that if you follow this procedure you get a fairly decent
print  without any color cast to it.  If you attempt to use the Epson Color
management tools and have tried to produce a black and white print, it does
so by mixing various colors inks to greet a black dot. but the nature of
the pigment in the inks and the reflective quality of most of the other
papers produced by Epson cause it to give a slightly varying color casts
depending on the type of lighting you view it under.  He says that holds
true even on the samples produced by Epson to show how their results.

I've said the copy of this e-mail to the edges you pointed out in your note.

Bob