Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom Survey
From: Michael Cahill <mcahill@laurelgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:28:05 -0500

No darkroom either, all digital.

Studio:
Powermac G4 twin processor 500mHz with 1GB RAM, Polaroid Sprintscan
4000, Epson Perfection 3200 Pro, Lacie 21" Blue Eye Monitor, 500GB
Firewire Storage, Epson Stylus Pro 7600 Printer, Epson Stylus Photo
2000P printer running Cone's Piezography setup.

Cameras:
M7, 2 M6's, MP and lenses.
R9, R7, R4s with lenses.
Canon EOS 10D with adapter for use with Leica R lenses.
Mamiya 6MF
a bunch of P&S stuff

(As "she who must be obeyed" observes, it's way to F-----g much)

MC

On Jan 21, 2004, at 6:40 AM, Eric C wrote:

> Sold traditional darkroom kit last year, it was little used
> as it was in the garage, and have you tried to lightproof a garage that
> is also used for its primary objective.
>
> Digital darkroom, Mac G4, Polaroid SS120, Epson 1290 with CIS.
> Polaroid SS120 used for both Leica and Xpan 35mm negatives.
>
> We do have a digital camera in the house, a Nikon Coolpix 995,
> but i bought that mainly for my daughters and wife to use.
>
> So  90% Film, 10% Digital
>
> Eric Calderwood
>
> on 21/1/04 10:41 am, DKhong at dkhong@pacific.net.sg wrote:
>
>> Friends
>>
>> In 1999, we participated in a darkroom survey that allowed each
>> LUGger to
>> list their "traditional" darkroom equipment e.g. enlarger, lens, B&W
>> or
>> colour, etc. More than 100 of us who responded were using traditional
>> darkrooms to produce their images.
>>
>> Perhaps it might be worthwhile to do another survey in light of the
>> digital
>> revolution. May I suggest that this survey address the following:
>>
>> 1. Traditional darkroom only   /  Traditional darkroom plus digital
>> darkroom
>> 2. If both, in what proportion.
>>

>> If none of the above,
>>
>> 3. Using film cameras only / Both film and digital
>> 4. If both, in what proportion
>>
>> I will appreciate your participation. To get the ball rolling, I will
>> be
>> the first respondent.
>>
>> Dan K
>>

>> --

________________________________
Michael Cahill

The Laurel Group
Graphic Design and Marketing Communications
Sturbridge Court
Lambertville, NJ  08530

On Site Location:
Johnson and Johnson