Subject: [Leica] DKong Survey
From: Thomas Pastorello <etruscello@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:36:06 -0800 (PST)

   Here are my answers to your survey questions, Dan
(and thank you for this useful effort).

1. I have not been into my traditional darkroom since
1999.  At that time, I began scanning negatives for
correction in Photoshop. I presently scan with the
Canoscan 4000 for 35mm negatives and the Epson 3200
for larger negatives.  My high-quality printing is
done on the Epson 2000P and 925.  (My local Wegman's
does a decent job of printing 4x6's from high-quantity
images I burn onto CD.)  I think it's time I sell my
darkroom equipment.

2.  0% traditional darkroom/100% digital

3.  I use the Leica M6, Nikon F100, 4x5 (Deardorff &
Schneider/Rodenstock/Nikon), Nikon D1, Nikon D100 and
Sony V1 (& Zeiss).

4.   50% film (digitalized)/ 50% direct digital

P.S.  It is the quality of Leica images on Kodak
Portra that keeps me in film at all.  (The D100 will
take all Nikon AF "film" lenses.)  If a digital camera
were ever produced for M lenses, I'd go close to 100%
direct digital.  (Yes, I know it's not possible to
develop such a camera.)  In the late 90's, I never
would have believed that I'd be answering this survey
with such a strong digital orientation.