Subject: [Leica] Darkroom Survey
From: FSilberman@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:23:32 EST

capture via film:

Tri-x or HP5 + or Astia/E100SW) in m leicas  (low light/location)  10%
favorite lenses 75, 35 & 21 in that order.

HP5 & NPS +NPH in tlr rollei (portraits)  40%

NPS/NHP (85%) + Astia/E100SW (15%)    (landscape/travel)  50%

All B&W printed to rag paper (95%) I scan B&W on linotype hell saphir ultra 2
if supplied for print i.e. brochure (5%) Also use an old Nikon coolscan for
B&W only from 35mm slides. Not good enough for color. MF transparencies & MF
prints are drum scanned for print (brochures)

Do all B&W myself & pro lab for MF color negs & proofing & all E6 films.

I would like to try a digital camera, although I'm not expecting much. The
look seems flat. Plus I like the control over contrast, lighting (filtering). I
suppose you can do some of that in photoshop, but I've found it best for
retouching so far. I like the snap I get from grain.

Any camera recommendations for something similar to a leica M in
digital...that is simple to use, manual focus etc. Thanks

Cheers,

frederic