Subject: Re: ISO for B&W film speed was Re: [Leica] should be Tmax 3200 at 1600/was TriX at 800
From: Marty Deveney <sealpup@sharkattacks.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:50:08 -0800 (PST)

>For what it's worth the 'real' ISO speeds of the superspeed films >currently on
>the market are as follows:
>Fuji Neopan 1600 ~640
>Ilford Delta 3200 ~800
>Kodak TMax 3200P ~1000

George asked:
>Do you mean your "real" ISO speeds, based on your methods or whose?

These are the speeds for these films when subjected to the ISO testing regime.  The speeds written on the box are nominal and reflect the stated developers and Kodak's regime for agitation etc.

I have a friend who work in an independant ISO accredited laboratory that does standardisations and checks tests done by product manufacturers.  Among the things they test are films.

Why don't we all compare how we expose and develop superspeed film?

Marty