Subject: RE: [Leica] The Future of the Film-Based Equipment Shop
From: "Steve Beyer" <steve@beyerphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:38:16 -0500

I think the bottom line here is what I find pleasing.  I don't really
care about the difference if I can get the image that I want.  I think
real problem with digital to me is the pain of maintaining the files for
the long run.  I would rather spend time in the field taking more
pictures and using the old file sheet method than spending the time it
takes to properly set up a digital system.  The only other thing that I
found a problem was the delay in taking the picture.  The Canon 1Ds is
quick to the draw after it is warmed up but it takes a second for it to
get into the position.  I find it much more pleasing to use film based
camera. No waiting for the darn thing to get ready. :-)

Whether I can tell the difference is not at issue. I
am probably too stupid to know.