Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 400 mm viewfinder
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:55:55 EST

Roland:

I think Larry's answer was a little tongue-in-cheek, but maybe not far off. I
would use a Canon 135mm viewfinder and mask it off so that only about
one-third of the field is still visible. That should approximate 400mm. You will have
to use a trial and error method of getting the right alignment so that the
viewfinder sees what the lens sees. If you have one of the lovely FSU
rangefinder cameras with a removable back, you can look thru the lens with a ground
glass on the film rails and get a very close alignment with the view thru the
rangefinder. The Canon viewfinder should be about half the price of a Leica VF on
eBay.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards, Paul Connet

<< In a message dated 1/31/2004 9:12:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,