Subject: [Leica] Re: quiet (WAS: Bessa R2)
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 06:02:12 +0100

I do sometimes wish my Bessa R2 were quieter. I use it as my "fast film"
camera, and during a recent childrens musical performance I was shooting
relatively close to the stage. During quiet passages in the music the
shutter was decidedly audible, so I refrained from shooting then. But in
general, the shutter noise does not matter--mostly I shoot in low light
in bars or on the street, where it is a non-issue.

Nathan

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> Quite is GROSSLY over-rated. I, too, used to buy into the myth of quiet.
> But I quickly discovered  that what matters is how the photographer
> behaves, carries him or herself, and not the decibel level of the camera
> - except in those settings where quite is specifically required.
>
> Best
> B. D.

- --
Nathan Wajsman