Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted Is Almost 75?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 23:31:40 -0800

Marc James Small spilled the complete pot of beans in one post! ;-)

>>> This disturbs me more than a bit, as I have it on grand authority that
Ted
> is actually 177 years old.  After all, he DID teach his grandmother how to
> suck eggs and instructed Daguerre in the basics of the photographic trade.
> As a middle-aged  craftsman, he suggested to Carl Zeiss that he hire Ernst
> Abbe to design lenses.  Later in his life, he ran into Oskar Barnack
> meandering about the hills of Germany <<

And he spilled a whole bunch more!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Marc old buddy!! :-) Dang now they know the true story and will
want autographs and pictures with their mothers and sisters.
Jeeeeeeeeeeeshh.

You've also possibly blown a movie contract for a TV series on my wild and
crazy photographic life, " Nobody will believe it but it's a true exposure!"
A 26 week series showing the struggles, foibles and double exposures of a
Canadian photojournalist known as the "Holy Photo Father!" You forgot to
tell them about that part! ;-)

A tale of life and strife in the wilds of photojournalism with a Leica! :-)

But given I'm only 75 and still having a great life shooting assignments,
photo books on various subjects of exciting people and sports events it's
OK, we're still friends. I mean you could've lied and not told the truth,
even got me in trouble with She Who Must be Obeyed. But you being a lawyer
and all know better than to fib! ;-) ;-)

By the way, have you ever considered fiction writing as a pastime? ;-)

And even though you've dabbled with imaginary details slightly, you actually
left out the neat real life true stories that even this crew would have a
hard time believing. And as strange as it may sound, the real photo life is
far more fascinating than fiction. ;-)

But we're still friends and if you get a call from a TV producer to write a
few episodes for the series please say yes! ;-) Cause you do make it sound
pretty wild. :-)
ted......... The Holy Photo Father. ;-)