Subject: Re: [Leica] A couple of thoughts on a digital M
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 13:32:41 -0700

If they make one I WILL buy one!

I do not care much about Leica per-ca. I love the viewfinder: that
wonderful window on my world. Only Leica makes one in a package I like.
My complaint with current digital cameras is not the capture nor the
controls, it is the viewfinder! Horrible, squinty, blurry, nasty things
not even remotely as clear as an M finder.

So use the LCD display, I am told. No way! I switched to M cameras
because there is nothing between me and the world. I do not want to
look at a camera, I want to look at the world! If I didn't mind
something in the way I would still have an SLR. Heck, often I just lift
up the camera and shoot. I have already set the focus and exposure and
I just click the shutter when it is time. I want nothing else to get in
my way.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] A couple of thoughts on a digital M)