Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital M
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:52:18 -0500

i seem to vaguely recall from my abortive CFA studies that management issues
bonds when it thinks its future is bright, and hence wants to keep equity in
its own hands, and issues stocks when it is less optimistic.

- -rei

On Feb09 09:30, LRZeitlin@aol.com wrote:

> M development was a red herring to mask Leica's dismal financial news and
> personnel layoffs. REMEMBER THAT THERE IS NO CAMERA! There are just plans to
> develop a digital M contingent on Leica's ability to sell 15 million Euros worth
> of bonds. Since many Leica stockholders are avid photographers, the proposal
> for the digital M may just have been sugar to make the bitter medicine go down.

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> (Re: [Leica] Digital M)