Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodak 15 minute photo finishing
From: JCB <jcb@visualimpressions.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:21:30 -0800

This has been around for the past couple of years. It is the Applied
Science Fiction unit. We had one here locally for a few months as a trial.
It works reasonably well. ASF invented a dry processing method for color
neg film. The main problem is that you do not get your negs back. They're
destroyed during the processing/scanning. Because of that, it was used 99%
of the time for printing digital media rather than
processing/scanning/printing film. Folks who use film simply do not want to
give up their negs for a CD.

Kodak bought ASF.

JB