Subject: Re: [Leica] Interesting piece on the Digital R
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:03:34 -0800

On 2/12/04 10:07 AM, "George Lottermoser" <imagist@imagist.cnc.net> wrote:

> Steven Alexander2/12/04
>
>> I think everyone will be peeking at this guy.
>

> And this one as well:
> CANON EOS-1D Mark II Digital SLR
> The new 8 megapixel Canon EOS-1D Mark II is the worldís fastest
> pro digital SLR. Capturing 8.5 fps in continuous bursts of up
> to 40 frames and RAW images in continuous bursts of up to
> 20 frames, it is the ideal camera for sports, wedding and portrait
> photographers. Estimated retail price is $4,499.
> <http://www.alkit.com/view.asp?gid=31&id=1517>

Snip

portrait photographers need  8.5 fps in continuous bursts of up 20 to 40
frames?? I donąt think live action toddlers need that!
And I donąt know how many "portrait" photographers do that anyway, I have!
Now a wedding I can see that. The throwing of the flowers needs those specs.
So does the shooting of the garter. And the throwing of the best man in the
pool in his rent a tux.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland, Oregon