Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Help, my web site has been hijacked!
From: "GeeBeePhoto" <graham@geebeephoto.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:37:19 -0000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Wajsman" <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
To: "LUG" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 13 February 2004 05:12
Subject: [Leica] OT: Help, my web site has been hijacked!

 My
> hosting service (Dot5Hosting in the UK) is being quite useless about it
> and claims that they see nothing. But since I am able to replicate the
> problem on two different computers, I can only conclude that the problem
> is on their end.
- -------------------------------------

Hi Nathan,

I am also hosted by Dot5 but I have not encountered the problem that you
have (yet). In more general terms they are turning out to be a disastrous
host. Downtime is almost a daily occurrence (several hours yesterday), site
stats are a thing of the past and support is of the 'auto pilot' variety. My
site got wiped entirely last December when their servers were "compromised".

Last year I was with Feature Price when they went belly up and Dot5 seem to
be in terminal decline. My growing reputation as a host jinxer makes me
wonder whether I should email a big name web host to tell that unless I
receive a substantial payment from them I will sign up with them and trigger
the inevitable shut down :-)

Whatever happens I will not be staying with Dot5 and I strongly recommend
anyone considering them to look elsewhere.

- --Graham

Replies: Reply from "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: Help, my web site has been hijacked!)