Subject: [Leica] Re:Aircraft photography
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:21:59 EST

In a message dated 2/15/04 8:49:48 PM, Mitch writes:

<< I recently went to the brand new National Air & Space Museum "Steven F.
Udvar-Hazy Center" annex out at the Dulles International Airport here in the
DC metro area.  >>

For airplane buffs that like to take photos of exotic aircraft and can't make
it to the Washington, D.C. area, I suggest the Aircraft Museum in Dayton, OH.
This is near the Wright Airforce Base, the largest in the country. If offers
plenty of free parking and ample space to photograph exotic aircraft without
using an ultra wide angle lens. It also contains the last remaining XB-70 mach
3 bomber, a plane that I helped design in my youth (late 1950s). It looks like
nothing so much as a 50 meter long folded paper dart. The tarmac has a number
of unusual aircraft parked outside the entrance.

Larry Z