Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 03:48:23 -0800

On 2/21/04 4:24 PM, "Allen Graves" <ahgraves@prodigy.net> wrote:

> Maybe we're talking corporate taste-say Canon glass+Fuji Velvia vs.
> Agfa RSX + Leica glass. Definitely 2 different looks, one bright and
> highly (or sometimes over-)saturated, one more "natural". It's all
> amatter of "Taste".
>
> Allen

In the early 70's there was a kernel of truth to the statement the Japanese
film (Fuji) made everything look like Japan. (Pastels).
German (Agfa) film made everything look like Germany. (Brown).
And American film made everything look like America (Kodak) (red, white and
blue?!:)
I think a lot of not so dumb people thought that then and so did I.
It become less the case in the 80's.

By the 90's most of those people were dead.
Lead poisoning from the cassettes?

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland, Oregon