Subject: Re: [Leica] OT...But camera related..
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:17:30 -0800

B. D. Colen said:
> As to shooting wedding photos - I love shooting weddings; weddings are
> tribal rituals, religious services, family reunions, open sores,
> glorious parties, disgusting drunks, all at once. The real trick to
> shooting weddings and having fun doing it is simply deciding ahead what
> you will and won't shoot, and how you will and won't shoot it, and
> making that crystal clear BEFORE the couple decides whether or not to
> hire you. Then, if they hire you, you can spend the days - or days -
> shooting things the way you want to shoot them.<<<<<<<

Hi B. D.,

The truth is, I do like shooting wedding assignments, but as a documentary
type shoot. Because people have their mind on everything else than what the
photographer is doing, particularly one who queitly plinks away without
flash. Then no one thinks you're serious and just an amateur taking snaps as
a wedding guest.

To do it in this manner and get paid "WELL" for it, is even a better deal.
;-)

ted