Subject: RE: [Leica] Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:06:46 -0600

I don't know if the warranty is not worth anything, but I sure do like the
idea of being the first one to use a new toy/tool. ;-)  And besides, I
don't have to send it right out for a CLA before I can use it then.  On the
other hand, all of my R stuff was purchased used...

Gene

                      Daniel Ridings
                      <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.n        To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      o>                                  cc:
                      Sent by:                            Subject:  RE: [Leica] Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo
                      -alto.ca.us

                      02/23/2004 07:30 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

> wrong it can go. (I have to say that the idea of buying a new Leica film
> body - particular an M - to get the warranty strikes me as pretty silly,
> given the dependability and longevity of the Leica film camera bodies.
> ;-) )

:) :)

I bought mine in 1973 (used M3), 1974 (new M4) and just last year (used
M2).

"Warranty" isn't really anything I've worried about too much the last few
years :)

Daniel