Subject: Re: [Leica] Embedded Brit journalists will receive Iraq Campaign medal
From: sam <sam@osheaven.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:00:46 -0500

I really don't know what the controversy is about. The photogs are being
  honored for doing their job in the face of danger in a war zone. They
are not being honored for having sent the "right" photos to their
editors. Is this award any more insidious then the Pulitzer or Nobel
where like-minded judges bless their lackey friends with financial
awards? Why are you people so paranoid?

Sam S