Subject: RE: [Leica] Embedded Brit journalists will receive Iraq Campaignmedal
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli@creocollective.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2004 10:33:44 -0800

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 06:47, Tim Atherton wrote:
> > As to WWI, reporting and photography were heavily censored; had they not
> > been, and had folks at home been aware of the utterly senseless,
> > unnecessary slaughter of that particular war, it is likely there would
> > have been major resistance to the war in the Allied nations.

If I remember correctly you could be shot for taking pictures at the front lines.
There was a total media blackout. If images had gotten back to the public that
showed what was going on out there the war would have been over in a week. What
happened at meat grinders like  Verdun, the Somme (+20,000 British casualties
in the first 20 minutes) etc. is almost beyond comprehension when you read about it.

feli