Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: It's so easy..
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli@creocollective.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2004 14:37:48 -0800

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 13:47, Phong wrote:

> It's a very personal thing, and I spent a lot of time looking
> for a B&W digital printing solution.  I finally settled on the
> Piezography quadtone system and have been very happy (very)
> ever since.  The only shortcoming is that there is no glossy
> paper for it.
>
> - Phong

Inkjet Mall has been promising a Canon solution that will be able to print on
glossy paper for over a year. I spoke to them last summer and was told it would
be a few weeks. At Xmas I was told 3 weeks. Two weeks ago I was told they
weren't happy with the beta test and it would be a few more weeks. Maybe we'll
get it by next spring...

I really would like to use this system, but want to be able to print on
glossy paper and use a Canon printer. I still prefer a silver print for
various logical and illogical reason, but it would be nice to be able to
knock out a few high quality prints without tearing my bathroom apart...

Feli