Subject: [Leica] David Burnett article
From: Liam Maloney <kine_scope@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:32:51 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the link to the VanRiper David Burnett
piece, Feli. I love hearing about press photographers
who take a different approach to storytelling. There's
an oppressive pack mentality at a lot of events I
cover - as somebody else said, 16-35, 70-200, fill
flash and 8 fps. No wonder events coverage is so
homogenous these days. Bravo to Burnett for having the
gumption (and the luxury) to report on current affairs
in a different way.

There's an interesting (and funny) rumination on
digitaljournalist.org about an emerging hierarchy
among photojournalists - one that puts film-users in
the upper echelon. Check it out:

www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0402/colburn.html

Maybe I should forget about the new EOS 1D MkII and
get that fetishized 24/2.8 ASPH I've been dreaming
of...

... and eat rice and beans for the rest of my life.

Liam