Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: It's so easy..
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:59:06 -0500

At 09:50 AM 2/27/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>Tina,
>
>I've used an Epson 3000 with Piezography for 3 years. It's a great system
>for b/w. I still use the original inks, not the new stuff. What impresses me
>is the fact that the printer can go without use for a time, and still work
>well. Never had much luck in that regard with color inkjets.

Dave -

Have you tried the Epson 2200?  The color will blow you away!  I'm scanning
my old Kodachromes (made with Leica's!) and printing them on the Epson
Smooth Fine Art paper and can't believe the quality I'm getting.

>I've never needed more than one cleaning cycle with the 3000. I don't
>know if it's the inks or the printer.

I think it must be the printer.  Jon Cone says the results from the 3000's
are very dependent on the individual printer.  He's had good ones and bad
ones.  I'm very lucky to have gotten two excellent ones that have never had
a clog that couldn't be fixed with one cleaning cycle either.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from "David Rodgers" <davrodgers@msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: It's so easy..)