Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Darn quest for Image Quality... MF?
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:34:47 -0800

At 9:05 PM -0800 2/29/04, David Rodgers wrote:
>Roland,
>
>I sold my Mamiya 6 MF a couple of years ago. It was a huge mistake and I've
>regretted it since. The 50 and 75 are wonderful lenses. The 150, as I
>recall, had some quirks. I keep my Hasselblad over the Mamiya, in case I
>should ever decide to shoot weddings again. But that'll never happen!!!!!
>And I used my Mam 6 a lot more than I use my hasselblad.
>
>DaveR

I've had my Mamiya 6 cameras for quite a while, and all three lenses
are outstanding. The only things is that they are not as flare-proof
as the Leica lenses, and with rangefinders that's more significant
than with SLRs. This stuff, along with a SWC make a great small MF
outfit, and all of this is about the size of the RZ with 1 lens. I
wouldn't use this for studio work, but if you like and can handle
rangefinders, the Mamiya 6 is great.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design