Subject: [Leica] Ambient light + Strobe metering question
From: "eric" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:27:13 -0500

A photo technique book I was reading has a chapter on using a strobe for
fill light.
As an example, the author discussing an ambient lit scene which meters f 5.6
at 1/125 sec
He then discusses the use of a strobe set to output of 5.6 and varying the
shutter speed to add or subtract ambient light.

Question:
When shooting outdoors and metering a scene (ambient light + strobe), how do
isolate the f stop output of the strobe?
Do I meter ambient light, then meter ambient light + strobe and use the
difference to
figure my flash output?
Do I just subtract f stops to figure the flash output?

thanks,
flash newbie Eric.

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Ambient light + Strobe metering question)