Subject: [Leica] Re: New and I hope much improved website.....
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:00:39 -0600

B.D.:

>http://www.a-day-in-our-life.com

The photography is top notch, but I suspect you already knew that.  :)

I would be very hesitant to make a major change to the text color or
background color away from the default black on white simply due to
readability.  If it's an artistic site where you're showing your wares and
your creativity, great.  Put yellow on neon pink.  If you're trying to reach
as many people as you can, stick to black on white or a subtle variation of
that.

If you do use color text, be aware of how color blind people will perceive
it.  Gray on gray isn't very readable at all.  :)

I'm using Mozilla 1.6, and as others pointed out, when I click on a small
thumbnail on the family page, the larger version just changes from vertical
to horizontal or back again, depending on the orientation of the thumbnail I
selected.

Since the site uses javascript to change the image, I'm guessing that's
where the issue is.  Do you have an option to use something other than
javascript to display your images?  If so, you'll make them accessible to
even more people.  I have javascript totally disabled in Internet Explorer.
It has enough security problems that I don't want it running scripts.  I
trust Mozilla slightly more, and have javascript enabled in it.

I'd suggest that you grab a copy of Mozilla <http://www.mozilla.org/> so you
can see how another browser renders your site.

Eric

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> ([Leica] New and I hope much improved website.....)