Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson 2200 ink carts for sale
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:35:29 -0700

Chris:

Overall I am very satisfied with the Septone inkset.  I am making prints
that rival those from the darkroom.  Real rich blacks, nice tonality and
shadow detail and a good control of warmth/coolness (with ability to tweak
warm to cold in highlights, mids, and shadows discreetly and within the same
print).  I know that there are folks who are very satisfied with the results
from a stock 2200 using the stock Epson inks, but to my eye, the Septone
inkset is a significant - no, that word is not strong enough, lets say a
radical - improvement.  None of that meteramism that is inherent with the
color inks used to print B&W is present with the Septone inks. The archival
quality of the Septone is reported to be near equivalent to the OEM inks.
I'll let you know in ~100 years if this is true or not!

The software plug in is a no brainer (even for this unapologetic luddite!),
and very simple to use.  It integrates well with the Photoshop interface.

Set up was not difficult.  I learned that it is a MUST to follow the
directions when installing the CIS.  If the tubes leading from the ink
bottles to the print heads are allowed to flex too much, or hit the sliding
bar during printing a mess will result.  I got it figured out and have no
further problems. The technical support from Inkjetmall, from whom I bought
the system, was first rate and the reps were very patient with my panic
calls.

I have no purchase remorse.

cheers

Jack McLain