Subject: [Leica] M7 Digital (real one!! :-) ) in LFI
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Mar 28 07:06:01 2004

So Leica now says they have fixed the laws of physics?  There may be a work
around that uses some clever scientific methodology.  We must wait to find
out.  Nothing says this is not more marketing hype.

Remember that the issue of short FL lenses ( and their attendant angle of
attack of the light rays) is easily correctable using pre-distortion type
thinking.  Sort of a compensating filter similar to those used on LF cameras
( Super angulon type filters).  Given a processor, known lens types and
attendant known drop off characteristics, and enough light, the job really
is pretty easy.  Is it practical?  I don't know.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Leica's official announcement of the planned digital M specifically
mentioned
that the issue had been solved by the new technology--the only reason they
were now confident to go ahead with the project.