Subject: [Leica] an apology to Jay
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun Mar 28 18:47:43 2004

I really stepped in it this time.

I want to apologize to Jay for divulging to the LUG in a post earlier this
evening details of his experience and personal life.  I had intended to send
the message off-list to another list member who questioned Jay's
qualifications, but as we all know mistakes happen.

The information I wrote is all available in the public archives of photo.net
but in passing this information to the LUG at large I did not respect Jay's
right to divulge this information to the LUG, or not, as he sees fit.

The animosity between Jay and myself on the photo.net Leica forum is well
known among regular forum visitors.  I do not wish to duplicate the
animosity here on the LUG.  At the same time when I seen a post I disagree
with I will offer my opinion even if it offends Jay.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from sam at osheaven.net (Sam) ([Leica] an apology to Jay)