Subject: [Leica] Peacock - Shot with a 135mm Elmarit
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 09:46:55 2004

Buzz said:
>>Good looking bird, but as I see it, this picture supports my  contention
>>that the 135 Elmarit is a low contrast, soft  behemoth.

-----
Well, perhaps low contrast, but I fail to see how that picture  supports your
"behemoth" contention, unless you mean the power definition  of the word.
I've tried several 135's without the eyes,  and was not too happy with the
result.
My 135 2.8 is the second I've owned, and I went after it having  seen the
fine landscape results GeeBee posted from it, and after rueing the day  I sold
the first one.
I got this second one for a good price, and after  a cla by DAG, it exceeds
my expectations.  Maybe my expectations are  low, but I make my decisions on
buying glass after seeing what it can  do.   I don't read tests, nor do I
understand the gobbledegook  contained in most of them.
That said, I am learning to trust my eye in these matters and distrust what
people say about the qualities of various lenses.  It is also becoming more
likely that if certain people slam a lens, I might just take an interest in
it, that it probably has some merit.
Sonny
_http://www.sonc.com_ (http://www.sonc.com)

Subject: [Leica] Peacock - Shot with a 135mm Elamarit

Shot  this at the weekend and Sonc has not been at work on it :-)

_http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Peacock.html_
(http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Peacock.html)

Replies: Reply from buzz at bethhardiman.com (Buzz Hausner) ([Leica] Peacock - Shot with a 135mm Elmarit)