Subject: [Leica] Adam's PAW
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Mar 31 18:14:37 2004

On Wednesday, March 31, 2004 rclompus@cox.net thoughtfully wrote:

>Adam,
>
>Nicely done.  Any birds ever run into the turbines?
>
>Richard

There's an on-going battle between birders and wind-turbine operatores in the
Altamont Pass where golden eagles and other raptors are reportedly being killed
in substantial quantities. This where mere possession of raptor feathers is
against the law unless you're a native American and maybe only then for
religious purposes.

Doug Herr might have more insight into this. And I could be passing along an
urban legend. Just doing a bit of googling gives this site:

<http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/swcbd/Programs/bdes/altamont/altamont.html>

I don't know if these guys are quite the thing or not.

If you google: "eagles altamont pass" you'll get a report that discusses the
eagle population.

Adam