Subject: [Leica] Check out April 5 Newsweek. (No Leica content)
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Apr 1 12:24:37 2004

Fair enough. But it seems to me that we come back to the question of the
"decisive moment," which I would define as that instant when the
photographer recognizes the potential for a meaningful image in a
situation - and begins to work that situation. That may mean sitting for
hours,waiting for the right bicyclist to shoot around the curve at the
bottom of the flight of stairs; it might mean using the camera like a
machine gun to grab just the right combination of expression and gesture
as a politician speaks and gesticulates, or it may mean thoughtfully
working a scene, viewing it from all angles and possible perspectives,
trying to capture just the right combination of subject and environment.
As for the camera, film type, film size, or sensor size? Whatever works
for the shooter. ;-)

B. D.