Subject: [Leica] Check out April 5 Newsweek. (sort of Leica content)
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Thu Apr 1 14:40:01 2004

> B. D. Colen4/1/04
>  Don't forget, one can shoot for "revealing moments through a minimal
> number of exposures" with any camera, though I don't see how shooting
> a minimal number of exposures is more likely to capture revealing moments.

Yeah, but having only a limited amount shots, or even only one, sure
makes you pay a hell of a lot closer attention to what's actually going
on. I see a lot of people with digital cameras, and 999 shots available,
often just shooting and not really "looking". If you then look at what
they are actually shooting, it's often nothing. They are not following
the action or emotional arch of the subject, trying to anticipate the
"decisive moment". But then again the above it what separates the men
from the boys (or women from the girls). In other words shooters who
make great shots and others who were merely at the same event.

Feli

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Check out April 5 Newsweek. (sort of Leica content))