Subject: [Leica] Disk recovery problems
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Apr 5 19:22:55 2004

This is almost certainly a driver compatibility problem. 400GB is unimaginably large for all but the newest operating systems.

Since it is a firewire disk, you should be able to take it to a friend who has an utterly up-to-date computer and have that friend's computer read it.

If all of your friends are low-tech, every city big enough to have a TV station should also have a data-recovery service that can get the data off it for you.

I would not trust my files to any disk bigger than 250GB with today's technology.

Replies: Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] Disk recovery problems)