Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 14: Amsterdam shopping
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Apr 11 08:04:54 2004

One of our favourite pastimes is to drive to Amsterdam on Sunday
afternoon and walk around with the occasional spot of shopping thrown
in. My daughter's biggest thrill is when I tell her, "We will go to
Waterstone's (the local English-language bookstore) and you have 50 EUR
to spend". She simply loves to read, not a bad habit in a 9-year old.
So, here is Monica choosing what to buy:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_14.jpg

One of the main shopping streets is called Kalverstraat. Sometimes I
just pick a spot and snap pictures of people walking by. The girl in the
second one obviously is concerned about the weirdo taking pictures:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_14alt1.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_14alt2.jpg

Finally, I did a spot of shopping too. On the Spui street there is a
small outdoor arts market, and I could not resist these motorcycles made
from old tools and assorted metal junk. Here are the two proprietors
bagging my purchase:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_14alt3.jpg

All pictures with Leica M6, 35mm Summilux, on Tri-X. Apropos the recent
discussion of Tri-X, the film was developed by a lab using Fuji Neopan
developer and scanned with a 5-year old Nikon LS-2000.

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique are always welcome.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands