Subject: [Leica] Lens Hood for 28mm 2.8 Elmarit - 3rd Version
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun Apr 11 10:06:19 2004

as of 2 years ago or so, they made them.  i had to get one
when mine was smashed focusing with my finger on the lens
release button on a CLE -- don't do this!!

it was slightly different from the original, my original
was solid all around, the new one had a cutout for the
viewfinder.

i recall it was something like $60.

-rei