Subject: [Leica] a new one
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Apr 11 17:19:51 2004

At 10:10 AM 4/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Tina Manley wrote:
>
>>>I'm back after a week in Kentucky. There seem to be more die-hard
>>>smokers in Kentucky (where lots of tobacco is grown) than even in North
>>>Carolina (where all of the tobacco companies are based).
>

>Actually there are no more tobacco companies in N.C.

My husband is a consulting engineer and does work for R.J. Reynolds in
Winston Salem.  They have extended their manufacturing to include
packaging, but they do still manufacture cigarettes.  The people who work
for them are not required to smoke, but they might as well be.  When he
goes to a meeting there, Tom comes back smelling like cigarette smoke.  All
of the conference tables have packages of cigarettes and ashtrays
prominently displayed.  The cigarettes are given out to employees and
visitor.  Tom hasn't smoked in 35 years, but I know I'll have to send his
clothes to the cleaners after he has a meeting with Reynolds.

I agree about the smell of curing tobacco.  We grew tobacco on our farm in
Kentucky and had a big old barn where the tobacco leaves hung from sticks
to cure.  We visited the farm last week and the barn had collapsed.  Tom
found an old tobacco stick to add to his collection of walking sticks.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from dcm at pobox.com (David Mason) ([Leica] a new one)