Subject: [Leica] my new pal -now fuji 800
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Mason)
Date: Mon Apr 12 09:41:15 2004

>Chris Williams says that 800 Superia and Press are
the
>same formula.

I wouldn't argue.  Superia 800 is a wonderful film.
8x12s that I've had made show very little noticeable
grain.  First time, clerk at the lab thought the
prints were from a good 400.  Prints out of my Epson
1280 look equally fine.

>That Press is only available in 36 exposures and
>Superia in 24 is the main difference.  I think I did
>cost per frame, and they came out about the  same.

B&H (and, I imagine, others) sells 36 exposure rolls
of Superia 800 at $3.69 per.  20 pack of Press 800 is
$59.80.

Either way a very cheap and very good film.

So is the Superia 1600.

A mix of Superia 800 and 1600 here:

<http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=380087>

--John