Subject: [Leica] Pt Three of Digilux 2 posted
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Apr 12 10:54:48 2004

On 4/12/04 <pklein@2alpha.net (Peter Klein)> thoughtfully wrote:

>I've thought for years that an LCD matrix projecting framelines into a
>Leica M viewfinder was a viable way to go.  The correct distance
>field-of-view and focal length could easily by determined by the focus cam
>and the lens mount.

What problem with the current system does this solve? There are no "infinite"
zoom lenses for the M that would mandate such a system. It's a camera for
primes. While I'd love a 35-90 f2.0 zoom I have a feeling that it would weigh
more than the camera at and not be as good as any of the current f2.0 primes.

Now for a digital M I'd like to be able to superimpose the histogram on the
viewfinder and once you've done that then computing the framelines would make
sense and probably just fall out of the design. Of course I'd want to be able to
turn that off in a trivial fashion.

Adam

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Pt Three of Digilux 2 posted)