Subject: [Leica] Confession time! THE LUG FAMILY.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Apr 14 12:37:16 2004

Felix Lopez de Maturana said:

> I should warmly like it was like that but I'm not sure that everybody is
included in this concept, just some few...<<<

But Felix mon ami,

Some members bare their teeth remarkably well and quickly, while their
tongue appears sharper than their teeth, the bite rarely ever causes
internal damage. Knowledge maybe, but favouritism never!

I've been bitten a few times over the years and yes I've bitten hard in
return and "left word scars" I admit.;-) However, I don't favour anyone when
it comes to discussing "PHOTOGRAPHY and leica gear!"

Simply because I base my comments from over 50 years experience as a working
photojournalist and newsphotographer. So when it comes to the subject of
photography I do not under any circumstances suffer fools very well.

But during the time there's been some folks I'd have kicked their ass as on
screen names, only to discover later they in reality are pussy cats in human
form, very caring and friendly people.

As far as the LUG family only applying to a few? That's in error because
it's what you make it yourself each day, week, month and years. Yes some
days it requires a thick skin to bare the shots, biting the tongue and a
grip on the fingertips to avoid trashing someone. But in general it's a
family like any other.

There are good, bad and ugly folks any where in the world, just imagine how
dull it would be if everyone on the LUG was kissing butt to be sickly sweet
to avoid offending someone's feelings, particularly when the poster asked
for a "critique comment" and then got ticked off because their picture was
shot down big-time.

But the LUG is the best damn company many folks have every morning when they
get up with their coffee. It's like sitting across the table and talking to
someone, whether you agree with them or not, it's family company for
everyone if you take it as such. And make it what it is, my "machine
friends" as my wife refers to screen people! :-) Thank goodness for the LUG
and machine people many mornings as it's the only place in the world where
sanity reigns!

OK, OK, some days it should read..."a few mornings sanity reigns." ;-)

Ted