Subject: [Leica] Tea in England
From: gwpics at aol.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Wed Apr 14 23:06:03 2004

I would have to go along with Franks comments about the difficulty
getting a decent cup of tea. I put it down to our use of tea bags and
the virtual disappearance of loose leaf tea from our shelves. I used to
be a food inspector at one of our major container ports and we used to
get many thousands of tonnes of tea described as 'sweepings' on the
ships manifests, in other words very fine dust from around the machines
etc., to be made into tea bagged tea!

As for decent coffee, that is becoming as hard to find as tea and I am
now paying $4 for a latte at our local shopping mall! If I want biscuits
with it, they are around $5 for 6! Thank God there is a decent cafe down
the street who use Freetrade organic products at half the price of the
local mall.

Gerry
--
Gerry Walden LRPS