Subject: [Leica] Sun 135mm LTM lens
From: leo at fidalgo.net (Leo Christoffer)
Date: Thu Apr 15 12:25:37 2004

I got a silver Sun 135mm F3.5 Telephoto with the serial #536**, in good shape with a little dust in the lens.  I tried the lens  and liked the results.  My question has anyone any knowledge about the Sun lens and the quality of it in the LTM format?

Before I give it a serious test and maybe have it cleaned I would like to know what kind of quality I might expect.  It was a good buy and I'm not sure if I got a good deal or paid what it was worth, $25.  I really got it as a inexpensive way to test a 135mm on the rangefinder camera.  I can see I might use it some maybe 5% of my shooting time.

How would this 135mm Sun compare to a Russian Jupiter 135mm or a low end Leica 135?  Are we talking quality lens or junk.

Thanks

Leo Christoffer

leo@fidalgo.net

Replies: Reply from ljkapner at cox.net (Leonard J Kapner) ([Leica] Sun 135mm LTM lens)