Subject: [Leica] Leica O similarity to digi-P&S
From: sethrosner at direcway.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Fri Apr 16 05:04:06 2004

Vick:

From: "Vick Ko" <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>

> Just imagine - if the one's owning the digi-P&S's wanted to experience
> the quality and joys of film, they are all ready and familiar with the
> needed body actions for using the Leica O.

Having fiddled with an O-type, my recollection is that putting aside the few
minutes needed to determine accurate exposure, the body actions needed are
the antithesis of O-type body actions, i.e. several long minutes of
fiddling, cap lens, advance film, uncap lens, figure out shutter slit to
find shutter "speed", fiddle with lens, focus (ha!), hold at arms length to
frame photograph (almost) and "fire one!"     ;-)

This by you is "point and shoot?"

Just kidding, of course, Vick.

Seth