Subject: [Leica] The Wall, Ted Grants message, and names
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Fri Apr 16 14:40:47 2004

Sander,

Unlike WWI or WWII, the Viet Nam war was unique. There was an enormous
outcry against the war, from pacifists, from college students, and from
friends and family of the soldiers. This put the soldiers in a very awkward
position of being pariahs when they returned. There are innumerable Viet
Nam vets who have been permanently scarred by having been outcasts after a
war that virtually nobody wanted to admit to. I lost friends I had grown up
with, and know others who are still terribly adversely affected by the
experience. I don't think that a monument to their sacrifice is at all
excessive.

JLS

Replies: Reply from abridge at dcn.org (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] The Wall, Ted Grants message, and names)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] The Wall, Ted Grants message, and names)